Location: Ottawa, ON / Remote
Job Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is a dynamic and fast-paced software company, established in 2017. A proudly Canadian company headquartered in Ottawa, we specialize in the development and delivery of accessible, human-powered digital health solutions with a strong clinical focus. And we’re growing! TryCycle was named one of Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Companies of 2023. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, and trauma. We are deeply proud of our community-oriented health initiatives designed to empower and support the most vulnerable groups, including Youth, Indigenous communities, and Veterans. For more information, please visit our website at www.trycycle.ca.
TryCycle is seeking a Business Writer to join our growing team. This is a full-time role and an opportunity to join a made-in-Ottawa software company!
The Business Writer will play a critical role in creating compelling and informative content that effectively communicates TryCycle’s products and solutions to key stakeholders. Through your work, you will help potential customers understand the unique value TryCycle offers, and you will have the opportunity to showcase your creativity, technical expertise in the healthcare industry, and self-starter mentality.
We are looking for someone who pays close attention to the quality of their work and takes the time to learn, understand, and represent our company voice through writing. This is a fast-paced and exciting work environment with multiple concurrent projects, making this the perfect position for someone seeking a stimulating and engaging career.
- Collaborating with subject matter experts within the business to develop content that is technically sound yet creatively expressed
- Performing market research to stay up-to-date with industry trends, tools, technologies, and best practices
- Writing content for reports, news bulletins, brochures, proposals, business cases and briefings
- Identifying content opportunities, conducting interviews, and writing compelling stories
- Working closely with multiple stakeholders to amplify reach and increase awareness of TryCycle’s products and solutions through a variety of outlets
- Writing and editing blog posts, content for videos, social media posts, collateral, newsletters, emails, and other communications as assigned
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrated writing experience with highly developed writing and editing skills
- Experience in creating content within a healthcare sector
- The ability to convey stories and complex topics in a clear, captivating, and meaningful way
- The ability to adjust writing style to suit various audiences
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set and manage priorities, meet deadlines, and work independently
- The ability to be resourceful by utilizing a wide range of information sources in order to create technically sound content
- A strong desire for collaboration and actively seek, accept, give, and incorporate feedback
- Strong public relations, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English/Communications/Journalism and/or equivalent experience in a related field
- Bilingualism – French and English (spoken and written) is considered a strong asset
- Marketing and/or communications experience is considered an asset
- 3+ years of experience in business writing or communication
- Advanced knowledge of word processing software and tools, social media platforms, databases, Internet, and e-mail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, you must be able to communicate fluently in English
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations.
- This position is remote with in-office opportunities if residing in Ottawa.
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, and reliable
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here!
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle.
- Remote full-time or hybrid work from home/office
- Brand new office space in Ottawa (free parking, free coffee & access to on-site gym)
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bonus “flex” days in addition to vacation
- Employee Stock Options Program
Our Commitment to Diversity & Equity
At TryCycle Data Systems, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and drives innovation, creativity, and success. We recognize that diversity encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and talents. This comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. We are dedicated to creating an environment where individuals from all walks of life can thrive and contribute their unique skills and insights.
Equity is at the heart of our hiring practices. We are dedicated to ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other dimension of diversity. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to succeed in our hiring process, upon request.
We invite all qualified individuals to join us in our journey toward a more diverse and equitable future!
How to Apply
Please apply via BambooHR by October 31, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.