Design Team Lead
Location:Ottawa, ON / Hybrid
Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of turning data into dialogue. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded digital health technology company on the verge of major growth! We are extremely proud of our lifesaving work and innovative health-focused solutions being used today with Indigenous groups, Veterans, Clinics, Health Insurers, Researchers and many more.
We are seeking a highly creative and motivated Design Team Lead to take our products to the next level. This role requires a unique blend of creativity, leadership, and technical proficiency, ensuring our apps are not only visually appealing but also intuitive and user-friendly. As the linchpin of our design process, you’ll collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to bring our digital products to life.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of designers in creating visually stunning, user-centered designs.
- Oversee the design process for digital products, from research and concept development to prototyping and final execution.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including project management and software development, to ensure designs are feasible and align with project goals.
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices, and standards to ensure design consistency and quality across all products.
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather insights and identify user needs and behaviors.
- Facilitate creative brainstorming sessions and design reviews, encouraging constructive feedback and innovative solutions.
- Manage design resources, timelines, and deliverables, ensuring projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Stay abreast of the latest trends and technologies in mobile app design and user experience.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Great aesthetic sense that encompasses layout, color theory, typography, and visual hierarchy to create visually appealing designs.
- Deep understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles and methodologies.
- Knowledge of designing for various screen sizes and platforms to ensure a consistent and accessible user experience across all devices.
- Creativity in solving usability issues and enhancing the user experience without compromising the design aesthetic.
- Enthusiasm about the evolving digital landscape and staying up-to-date with the latest design trends, technologies, and methodologies in product development.
- Ability to work effectively in a team, understanding the roles of team members in development, marketing, and management, and collaborating with them to achieve project goals.
- Exceptional level of detail orientation, ensuring precision in every design element and interaction, to deliver flawless and intuitive mobile app experiences.
- 5+ years of experience in Digital Product Design, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, or a related field
- A portfolio that showcases a breadth of work in digital product design and across multiple platforms (iOS, Android, web)
- Proficiency in design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator), Sketch, Figma, InVision, or similar.
- Experience with wireframing, prototyping, and interactive design
- Knowledge of responsive design and mobile-first design strategies
- Proven experience leading and mentoring design teams, with the ability to inspire creativity while maintaining alignment with strategic goals
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; you must be able to communicate fluently in English
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations
- Resides in Ottawa
- This position is hybrid and part-time in-office presence is required
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, reliable, and easy to work with
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning go a long way here. If you have trouble collaborating freely and maintaining friendly communication, even when you don’t want to – we aren’t the right place for you.
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- Brand new office space in Ottawa (free parking, free coffee & access to on-site gym)
- Health and dental benefits plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bonus personal “flex” days
- Employee Stock Options Program
- RRSP Matching Program (coming soon!)
Our Commitment to Diversity & Equity
At TryCycle Data Systems, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and drives innovation, creativity, and success. We recognize that diversity encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and talents. This comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. We are dedicated to creating an environment where individuals from all walks of life can thrive and contribute their unique skills and insights.
Equity is at the heart of our hiring practices. We are dedicated to ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other dimension of diversity. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to succeed in our hiring process, upon request.
We invite all qualified individuals to join us in our journey toward a more diverse and equitable future!
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via BambooHR at https://trycycledata.bamboohr.com/careers/39 by February 26th, 2024. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.