Location: Ottawa, ON / Hybrid
Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of turning data into dialogue. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded digital health technology company on the verge of major growth! We are extremely proud of our lifesaving work and innovative health-focused solutions being used today with Indigenous groups, Veterans, Clinics, Health Insurers, Researchers and many more.
We are looking for a hands-on DevSecOps Engineer to lead the way to improve our operating environments. You will bring your experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive our organization forward to a new level of capability and operational maturity.
- Manage, debug, and streamline IT infrastructure related to hosting, deployment, and development
- Ensure security best-practices are applied in procedures and all stages of the development process
- Work closely with stakeholders to orchestrate the creation of flexible, secure, and scalable solutions
- Build automation processes and contribute to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency
- Solve problems in a creative and flexible manner in resource-constrained situations
- Collaborate with other members of the team to implement techniques and processes to create an environment of continuous improvement, foster a culture of curiosity and collaboration, and build an effective infrastructure team
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple projects at the same time
- Understanding of DevOps, DevSecOps, and Agile principles and ability to apply them
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or technology/engineering field considered an asset
- Strong attention to detail
- 5+ years of experience using cloud computing platforms and APIs, especially Azure
- 3+ years of DevOps experience, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of DevOps and DevSecOps principles
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; you must be able to communicate fluently in English
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations
- Resides in Ottawa
- This position is hybrid and part-time in-office presence is required
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, reliable, easy to work with
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here. If you have trouble collaborating freely and maintaining friendly communication, even when you don’t want to – we aren’t the right place for you.
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle. Be a part of something inspiring, impactful, and unique!!
- Hybrid work from home/office
- Flexible work hours
- Company-paid health and dental benefits plan
- Bonus paid “flex” days (in addition to vacation)
Our Commitment to Diversity & Equity
At TryCycle Data Systems, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and drives innovation, creativity, and success. We recognize that diversity encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and talents. This comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. We are dedicated to creating an environment where individuals from all walks of life can thrive and contribute their unique skills and insights.
Equity is at the heart of our hiring practices. We are dedicated to ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other dimension of diversity. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to succeed in our hiring process, upon request.
We invite all qualified individuals to join us in our journey toward a more diverse and equitable future!HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via BambooHR at https://trycycledata.bamboohr.com/careers/38 by January 26th, 2024. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.