Full Stack Developer I
Location: Ottawa, ON / Hybrid (In Office & Remote Work)
Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is a dynamic and fast-paced software company, established in 2017. A proudly Canadian company headquartered in Ottawa, we specialize in the development and delivery of accessible, human-powered digital health solutions with a strong clinical focus. And we’re growing! TryCycle was named one of Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Companies of 2023. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, and trauma. We are deeply proud of our community-oriented health initiatives designed to empower and support the most vulnerable groups, including Youth, Indigenous communities, and Veterans. For more information, please visit our website at www.trycycle.ca
As a Full Stack Developer, you will help us move our digital health products forward across all fronts: front-end and back-end development, quality control, reliability, performance, and security.
You will be a key contributor and collaborator within our multidisciplinary team. In this environment, day to day problem solving in resource-constrained situations will challenge you to be creative, flexible, and forward thinking. You will have ample opportunity to learn, grow and mentor across the full software stack.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in the design, architecture, development, testing and implementation of products and systems
- Researching new vendors, products, techniques, and processes to continually improve our own products and processes
- Presenting practical input for strategic technology decisions
- Continuously seeking to develop your own technical expertise
- Collaborating closely with other employees and across departments
Skills, Qualifications and Expectations
- An aptitude for working in a start-up environment
- Experience developing both client-side and server-side architecture
- Experience with cross-platform mobile technologies especially Ionic/Capacitor/AppFlow
- Experience with SQL-centric relational databases, especially PostgreSQL and similar
- Experience designing and developing APIs
- Experience with container-driven backend technologies, especially Kubernetes/Docker ecosystem
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize security and reliability in decision making
- A dedicated commitment to self-directed learning around current and emerging web technologies
- A willing mentor and teacher
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinker and with highly developed problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- High level of attention to detail
Bonus Skills / Nice to Have
- Experience with the Microsoft Azure cloud hosting environment
- Experience with privacy compliance frameworks like HIPAA/PIPEDA
- 1-3 years of experience in software development
- Must reside in Ottawa
- Superior written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations
- This position is hybrid with some in-office presence required
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn and reliable
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here!
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle.
- Remote full-time or hybrid work from home/office
- Brand new office space in Ottawa (free parking, free coffee & access to on-site gym)
- Health and dental benefits plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bonus “Flex” days in addition to vacation
- Employee Stock Options Program
Our Commitment to Diversity & Equity
At TryCycle Data Systems, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and drives innovation, creativity, and success. We recognize that diversity encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and talents. This comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. We are dedicated to creating an environment where individuals from all walks of life can thrive and contribute their unique skills and insights.
Equity is at the heart of our hiring practices. We are dedicated to ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other dimension of diversity. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to succeed in our hiring process, upon request.
We invite all qualified individuals to join us in our journey toward a more diverse and equitable future!
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via BambooHR at https://trycycledata.bamboohr.com/careers/35 by December 8, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.