Human Resources Manager
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Job Type: Permanent, full-time
Job Status: Remote with flexible working hours
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Operations
Compensation: $80-90K based on experience. Stock options. Health benefits. Three weeks paid vacation.
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of connection. We design and develop digital health solutions to improve clinical decision-making with real-time data. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers and improve health outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders.
We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded technology company amid significant expansion and growth. Since 2019, our healthcare solutions have been adopted by front-line nurses, mental health therapists, psychiatrists, and academic researchers. We are proud of our partnerships and our work that is helping to support Veterans, First Nations, Women’s Health, and Justice-Involved populations.
TryCycle Data Systems is seeking an HR Manager to lead the entire (end-to-end) HR function and support the company’s growth. The ideal candidate for this position is a strategic thinker who can develop and implement HR strategies and policies that align with the organization’s goals and objectives. You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills that enable you to establish positive relationships with employees at all levels of the organization.
You have a deep understanding of HR principles and practices, including employment laws and regulations, and are committed to ensuring compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You have a passion for developing and implementing programs that foster employee engagement and promote a positive workplace culture. You are results-driven and able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. You are a continuous learner who keeps up-to-date with the latest HR trends and practices and is committed to your own professional development.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of HR management, with a focus on hiring and planning for upcoming growth, implementing performance management, and evaluating and recommending updates to the benefits program and compensation planning. The HR Manager will play a critical role in developing and executing HR strategies that align with the company’s strategic vision and business objectives.
What you’ll do at TryCycle:
- Implement performance management processes to ensure that employees are meeting job expectations and have a clear understanding of their roles and responsibilities.
- Evaluate and recommend updates to the company’s benefits program and compensation planning to ensure the company remains competitive in the market.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures that promote positive company culture; the HR Manager will foster positive employee relations by implementing effective communication strategies and promoting a positive and inclusive workplace.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Collaborate with other departments to develop and execute HR strategies that align with the company’s business objectives and support growth.
- Develop and implement effective recruitment and retention strategies to attract and retain top talent, with a focus on hiring for upcoming growth.
- Develop and manage training and development programs to ensure employees have the skills and knowledge required to perform their jobs effectively.
Who We Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field.
- Thorough understanding of HR principles and practices, including employment laws and regulations.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar HR management/leadership role.
- Experience with HR information systems and software.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to drive business success.
Nice to Have:
- Professional certification for Canadian HR professionals including CPHR and CHRP
- Experience with HR data analytics, metrics, and reporting.
- Experience with HR technology and software, applicant tracking systems, and learning management systems.
- Knowledge of organizational development, change management, and/or talent management.
- Experience in developing and implementing diversity, equity, and inclusion programs.
- Experience with global HR operations and international employment laws and regulations.
Why You Should Work at TryCycle:
- We have built an amazing solution and we have incredible traction.
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle. Be a part of something that’s inspiring, impactful, and unique (!)
- Flexible work hours
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation (+ bonus “Flex” days)
- Employee Stock Option Program
- Team Social Events (Virtual and In-Person when we can)
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning go a long way here. If you have trouble collaborating freely and maintaining friendly communication (even when you don’t want to) – we aren’t the right company for you.
How to Apply:
Are you ready to make a difference and chart an exciting new career path?
Be one of the first to apply! Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and title the email “HR TryCycle”. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations.