Location: Ottawa, ON / Hybrid (In Office & Remote Work)
Job Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of turning data into dialogue. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded digital health technology company on the verge of major growth! We are extremely proud of our lifesaving work and innovative health-focused solutions being used today with Indigenous groups, Veterans, Clinics, Health Insurers, Researchers and many more.
TryCycle is seeking a talented Program Manager to join our growing team. This is an intermediate-level, full-time, hybrid position (based out of our Ottawa office). Our working hours are Monday to Friday, with flexible working hours, benefits, and the opportunity to join a made-in-Ottawa software company!
In this role, you will help establish and develop the entire Program Management function at TryCycle. You will develop and introduce processes, best practices and techniques. In addition, you will oversee the planning, execution, and successful delivery of multiple programs and projects within the organization. We are looking for someone who is a self-starter and willing to build this function from the ground up. You will excel in this role if you are someone who possesses excellent strategic planning abilities, has a strong advocacy for change, takes pride and ownership in their work, and has superior communication skills.
Salary Range: $95,000 – $105,000 (depending on experience)
- Project Management – documenting, monitoring, measuring, and reporting project goals, progress, risks, actions, timelines, and budgets. You will develop project plans that ensure all stakeholders have a clear definition of their tasks and milestones, providing guidance and identifying opportunities that will continuously improve the project plan.
- Collaboration – helping management and stakeholders make informed decisions about the development of programs, products, and services. You will work closely within our multidisciplinary team as you work toward a common goal, negotiating deliverables and milestones whenever necessary.
- Project Coordination – proactively identify anything that will take projects off schedule and find solutions to correct the problem. Monitor milestones, and ensure they’re completed according to timelines and budgets.
- Problem Solving – anticipate problems before they occur; define problems, and works collaboratively and creatively to identify solutions
- Risk-Management – anticipate and identify risks by analyzing internal processes, industry trends and areas of vulnerability. Further, mitigate and monitor risks by assessing impact and potential consequences as well as developing strategies, controls, and procedures. Includes review of KPIs, reporting and compliance initiatives.
- Additional responsibilities include:
- Assembling and analyzing project data, analytics, and metrics, preparing regular briefings, reports, and presentations to broad audiences in person and virtually
- Evaluating the effectiveness and impact of our programs using KPIs, data, and metrics
- Establishing budgets and monitoring expenses as required
- Developing and adapting a communications process to ensure stakeholders are aware of status, risks, and opportunities
- Synthesizing business and technical landscapes into a sound project strategy and execution plan
- Working with management on project proposals, contracts, estimates, and work breakdown schedules
- Ensuring adherence to contractual and legally binding requirements
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- A high level of accountability and ownership
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Great attention to detail and high quality of work
- Outstanding relationship-building and leadership skills
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, multidisciplinary, team-environment
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously with limited guidance – often shifting to different topics and projects in the same day
- Working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Confluence, and other Planning tools
- 5+ years of experience in program and/or project management
- Must reside in Ottawa
- Strong knowledge of project management methodologies, tools, and templates (including program/project planning, schedule development, scope management and cost management)
- Superior written and verbal communication skills – must be able to communicate fluently in English both verbally and in writing
- Strong technical aptitude and a working knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint tools
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations
- Ability to work in our Ottawa office location and remotely (hybrid).
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, reliable, easy to work with
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here. If you have trouble collaborating freely and maintaining friendly communication, even when you don’t want to – we aren’t the right place for you
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle. Be a part of something inspiring, impactful, and unique!!
- Flexible work hours
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan with Employee Assistance Program
- Bonus “Flex” days on top of vacation time
- Birthday day off
TryCycle Data Systems Inc. is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We aim to hire the best candidate for the position based on their qualifications and merit in terms of knowledge, skills, and experience. TryCycle Data Systems Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on any of the grounds protected by human rights legislation during any phases of the recruitment, screening and hiring process. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodations during all stages of the hiring process, upon request.
At TryCycle, we understand that experience comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
We encourage you to visit our website for more information about who we are and what we do: www.trycycle.ca
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to email@example.com by August 18, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.