Quality Assurance & Support Specialist
Location: Ottawa, ON / Hybrid
Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is a dynamic and fast-paced software company, established in 2017. A proudly Canadian company headquartered in Ottawa, we specialize in the development and delivery of accessible, human-powered digital health solutions with a strong clinical focus. And we’re growing! TryCycle was named one of Ottawa’s Fastest Growing Companies of 2023. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, and trauma. We are deeply proud of our community-oriented health initiatives designed to empower and support the most vulnerable groups, including Youth, Indigenous communities, and Veterans. For more information, please visit our website at trycycle.ca
We are looking for a motivated individual to join our front-line Software Support and Quality Assurance team. As a member of our organization, you’ll have the opportunity to work closely in interdisciplinary teams as a key contributor and collaborator. In this environment, day-to-day problem-solving in resource-constrained situations will challenge you to be creative, flexible, and forward-thinking. You will have ample opportunity to learn and grow within our company.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Review user interfaces for consistency and functionality
- Take an active role in driving continuous improvement, communicating recommendations, and implementing enhancements to test processes and procedures
- Develop repeatable testing and support processes, and be responsible for writing and maintaining documentation
- Work with the development team to adopt, maintain, and improve company QA processes
- Analyze quality issues, perform root-cause analyses, and create correction reports
- Participate in planning and development meetings, design reviews, and other team meetings to understand upcoming new features, advise on quality processes, and create new test cases
We are looking for candidates who have:
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to create, maintain, and execute test cases for functional and regression tests, as well as the ability to perform manual tests for new features and significant updates
- Excellent English language verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to provide professional telephone and email support to customers throughout North America
- Experience with Atlassian products such as Jira, Confluence and Bitbucket
- Experience with common test automation systems and frameworks like Selenium
- Experience with common mobile device testing tools like Appium
- Experience with CI/CD and associated automation tools like Jenkins
- Proven experience across a range of platforms including MacOS, Windows, Android, and iOS
- An aptitude for working in a start-up environment
- Experience with privacy compliance frameworks like HIPAA/PIPEDA
- 1-3 years of experience in quality assurance or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations
- This position is hybrid with some in-office presence required
- To succeed with us, you must be team-oriented, eager to learn, and reliable
- Enthusiasm, passion, and the love of learning goes a long way here!
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle
- Remote full-time or hybrid work from home/office
- Brand new office space in Ottawa (free parking, free coffee & access to on-site gym)
- Health and dental benefits plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- Bonus “flex” days in addition to vacation
- Employee Stock Options Program
Our Commitment to Diversity & Equity
At TryCycle Data Systems, we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace where all individuals are valued, respected, and empowered to bring their authentic selves to work. We believe that diversity enriches our organization and drives innovation, creativity, and success. We recognize that diversity encompasses a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and talents. This comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. We are dedicated to creating an environment where individuals from all walks of life can thrive and contribute their unique skills and insights.
Equity is at the heart of our hiring practices. We are dedicated to ensuring fairness, transparency, and equal opportunities for all candidates, regardless of their race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, age, or any other dimension of diversity. In addition, we provide reasonable accommodations to ensure that all candidates have an equal opportunity to succeed in our hiring process, upon request.
We invite all qualified individuals to join us in our journey toward a more diverse and equitable future!
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via BambooHR at https://trycycledata.bamboohr.com/careers/34 by November 30, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.