Location: Ottawa, ON / Remote
Job Status: Full-time Position, Monday to Friday
TryCycle Data Systems is in the business of turning data into dialogue. Our mission is to reduce treatment barriers, increase human compassion, and improve outcomes for people with addiction, mental illness, depression, trauma, and eating disorders. We are an Ottawa-owned, Ottawa-founded digital health technology company on the verge of major growth! We are extremely proud of our lifesaving work and innovative health-focused solutions being used today with Indigenous groups, Veterans, Clinics, Health Insurers, Researchers and many more.
Are you an innovative and talented UI/UX Designer with a passion for creating exceptional user experiences? We are seeking a highly skilled individual to join our dynamic team as a UI/UX Designer. If you are eager to make a significant impact on our digital products, we want to hear from you!
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including product managers, developers, and stakeholders to understand project requirements and user needs
- Create user-centered designs by considering market analysis, user feedback, and usability findings
- Develop wireframes, prototypes, and high-fidelity mockups to effectively communicate design ideas
- Conduct user research and usability testing to gather insights and validate design decisions
- Iterate on designs based on feedback and data analysis to continuously improve user experiences
- Stay up-to-date with the latest UI/UX trends, techniques, and technologies
- Provide guidance and mentorship to junior designers when necessary
- Collaborate with developers to ensure the feasibility of design implementation and provide support during the development phase
- Conduct competitor analysis and research to identify industry trends and best practices, integrating them into design processes
- Create design systems, style guides, and UI pattern libraries to promote consistency across different platforms and products
- Work closely with product managers to define and refine product features, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience
- Present and communicate design concepts and solutions to stakeholders, gathering feedback and incorporating it into iterative design processes
We’re looking for candidates who have:
- An aptitude for working in a start-up environment
- A dedicated commitment to self-directed learning around current and emerging web technologies
- Excellent analytical and organization skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or a related field (equivalent practical industry experience will also be considered (minimum 3 years))
- 4+ years of professional experience in UI/UX design, with a strong portfolio showcasing your design process and successful project outcomes
- Proficiency in designing user interfaces for Android, iOS, and browser-based applications
- Solid understanding of user-centered design principles and best practices
- Experience conducting user research, usability testing, and translating findings into actionable design solutions
- Expertise in industry-standard design tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar software
- Excellent visual design skills with a keen eye for aesthetics and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills to effectively collaborate with cross-functional teams and present design concepts
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects, and meet deadlines.
- This position will require a background check and training in privacy regulations.
Why you should work at TryCycle:
- This is a rare opportunity to be one of the early employees at TryCycle. Be a part of something inspiring, impactful, and unique!!
- Hybrid work from home/office
- Flexible work hours
- Health and Dental Benefits Plan
- 2 weeks paid vacation (+ bonus “Flex” days & birthday day)
TryCycle Data Systems Inc. is committed to the principles of equality and diversity in the workplace. We aim to hire the best candidate for the position based on their qualifications and merit in terms of knowledge, skills, and experience. TryCycle Data Systems Inc. will not discriminate against job applicants on any of the grounds protected by human rights legislation during any phases of the recruitment, screening and hiring process. We welcome applications from persons with disabilities and will provide accommodations during all stages of the hiring process, upon request.
At TryCycle, we understand that experience comes in many forms, and we are always seeking to add new and different perspectives to the team. If your experience is this close to what we’re looking for, please consider applying.
For more information, please contact:
TryCycle Data Systems Inc
Suite 300 – 1296 Carling Ave.
Ottawa, ON K1Z 7K8
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 30, 2023. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.